Many companies have discovered the advantages of an Arabic version of their website in recent years:
- The Arabic content available for the online market is the fifth most frequently spoken language in the world.
- There are 173,542,069 internet users in the Middle East.
- The Arabian world is rapidly expanding and developing.
For an enterprise that wants to expand into an Arab market, the potential ROI is enormous, especially if time and attention are dedicated to professional translation and the development of websites to account for cultural changes and variations.
Potential business growth is likely to be limited without creating a well-designed, expertly traded and culturally acceptable website.
The following tips for websites design and translation for an Arab public by getting Arabic translation in Dubai services will help you get it right.
Use a company specialized in Arabic translation
At Active Translation Services, we understand how essential accurate translation and localization are when expanding into new markets.
Using a translation company specializing in Arabic translation, translation services in Dubai, legal translation Dubai Deira, French Translation Dubai, document translation Dubai, interpretation services Dubai will give your website prestige, highlighting your new audience’s investment and consideration.
Professional Arabic localization will show potential clients that you understand their culture, appreciate their regional differences, and take their brand seriously.
Translation errors and culturally incompetent mistakes in website marketing, design, and formatting show indifference or disrespect, which will likely cost you a potential long-term custom.
Translation, localization and design
It’s no longer enough to translate your existing website for a new audience – consumers have higher standards for online businesses than before and higher expectations when shopping online.
This preference leads to many potentials uncertain of their reading skills, who avoid English websites, spend less time during their visits and do not buy products in their language lacking instructions or after-sales customer support. In short, we found that more local language content throughout the customer experience leads to a greater likelihood of purchase.”
Translation will allow you to increase sales by enabling consumers to access and understand your brand, products and after-sales service. Still, localization will ensure regional variations are covered, keeping cultural errors low and highlighting a deep understanding of your audience and your preferences.
You can ensure that you have full customer participation, leading to increased sales potential, by adjusting your website to address “local language” needs, local design preference and translation requirements.
Design tips for Arab audiences
When expanding into an Arabic market, some noticeable changes must be made to any website, such as the language and culture.
However, some hidden factors have to be considered with these changes before the creation of new websites:
- Right-to-left writing : One of the most important factors to consider when designing an Arabic audience is the RTL problem. This means that there can be problems with “flipping” text with layout screens.
- Images : changing images does not always work, so finding new ones that conform to culturally accepted norms is a better option.
- Expansion/contraction of text : some languages use much more space to say the same thing than others. Also, Arabic characters are different in shape and size than English letters, So, you will probably disrupt every page’s design and visuals on your site if you think about switching to translation.
- Mobile-friendly – Ensure your site is visually pleasing and displays correctly on standard desktop computers and mobile devices or tablets is critical. In the Middle East, there are many more people who use mobile phones for online activities.
- Platform – Make sure the platform you are using can handle all the language variations you need before making changes.
- Typography : There are limited fonts available for the Arabic language online, so make sure you can use the one you chose for your other language sites to ensure continuity between the languages.
- Numbers / Currencies : Most native Arabic speakers can easily understand and read western numbers. However, suppose you have gone to the trouble of translating the entire text into Arabic. In that case, it makes sense to continue with the numbers, giving it a more pleasant appearance or consulting with a translation company in Dubai.
If you need help with any aspect of your website design, localization, legal translation services or Arabic translation, please contact us at Active Translations Services, and our experts will be happy to assist you.
Tips on technical translation into Arabic
Translating technical materials between different languages can be one of the most challenging types of translation.
Due to our specialization in translating technical materials from Arabic to English and vice versa, including manuals, brochures and guidelines, among others, we would like to share some thoughts, which could be perceived as guiding principles for those who have an interest in or have intended to pursue a career in technical translation.
Knowledge is key
All technical as well as legal translators, need to acquire specialized knowledge. This is mainly because if one does not have sufficient knowledge about technical and technological problems and advances, the process of translating technical materials between different languages would be virtually impossible.
Why, however, is acquiring technical or legal translation knowledge so important? The technical translation should not be done word for word directly. Instead, the full text should be read carefully, making sure it has been fully understood before transferring to a different language.
If you do not have the technical or legal knowledge and understanding of the subject, the text will represent a remote and strange written work that will be difficult for you to understand. Therefore, the translation process will be very complex.
A major advantage of the technical training is that it allows the translator to learn the terminology and style used in technical writing.
So how can this be achieved? The translator will need to read books, thoroughly researched media, researchers, scholarly journal articles, and essays that focus on a specialized topic to gain technical knowledge. All this should preferably be done in both the source and target languages.
After acquiring a sufficient amount of technical knowledge, your confidence in translating technical materials between different languages will increase significantly.
Need for resources
While all technical translators must have a broad technical background, they will still need resources to support the translation process.
Based on our experience, we believe that ideally, all technical and legal translators should access three types of resources that are relatively beneficial for translating technical materials.
The first resource to be found is specialist dictionaries. As this can vary by language, in particular, the researcher should do his or her research to determine the most appropriate technical and legal dictionary for his or her objectives. This can undoubtedly be achieved by reviewing user comments and evaluations posted online, or you can consult your co-workers or colleagues in the translation community.
Apply these tips and hire a legal translator by letting a professional legal translation office in Dubai do the task for you!